Did you know?

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced an increase in Canada’s immigration fees for all permanent residency applications, with the new fees taking effect on April 30, 2024!

Express Entry (EE) is an application management system used by the Canadian government to assess a foreign national’s eligibility for permanent residence. The system manages the three following programs: Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Federal Skilled Trades (FST), and Canadian Experience Class (CEC). Some provinces and territories use EE to process their selected applicants to fill in their labour shortages.
The FSWP allows foreign nationals with specific skills to immigrate to Canada. They must build their profiles from their skilled work experience, language proficiency, education, age, adaptability and a possible job offer.
The CEC allows foreign nationals who have gained Canadian experience (through valid authorization to study or work) to immigrate to Canada. They will be assessed on their skilled work experience in Canada and language proficiency. If you intend to reside in Quebec, you cannot apply under the CEC program.
The FSTP allows foreign nationals qualified in specific skills trades to immigrate to Canada. They will be assessed on their skilled work experience, language proficiency, education, age, adaptability, proof of funds, and possession of a valid job offer. Skilled trade qualifications are assessed by a province or a territory.
The Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilot programs allow foreign workers to come to Canada on work permits and apply for permanent residence. Workers in this category must be experienced and demonstrate qualifying skills as caregivers. The Home Child Care Provider pilot program is currently closed for new applications and will reopen on January 1, 2023.
The Atlantic Immigration Program allows designated employers from New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island to hire a foreign national. The province must endorse your job offer before the foreign national can apply for permanent residence. As a foreign national, once you accept the job offer, you cannot work outside an Atlantic province. The work permit is an employer-specific work permit. To obtain a temporary work permit, you will be assessed against your language skills, level of education and work experience. Receiving a work permit will not guarantee that your permanent residence application will be automatically approved.
The Rural and Northern Immigration program is a community-driven pilot project. Foreign nationals must meet IRCC eligibility and community –specific requirements. You must have a valid job offer before submitting an application for recommendation by the community. Eligible candidates will be assessed as per their qualifying work experience, education, language proficiency, age and adaptability. They must show intention to live in participating communities with a population of 200,000 or less and located remotely from other larger cities (North Bay, Sudbury, Timmins, Sault Ste. Marie, Thunder Bay, Brandon, Altona/Rhineland, Moose Jaw, Claresholm, Vernon, West Kootenay), and have enough money to support their living expenses in the community. Each community has its specific requirements and applicants are invited to visit their websites.
The Agri-Food Pilot program allows agricultural workers on a temporary work permit in Canada to apply for permanent residence and to fill the labour needs of the Canadian agri-food sector. The pilot project will run until May 2023, and experienced workers in a specific industry can apply. Candidates will be assessed on their Canadian work experience. They must have a non-seasonal job offer from a Canadian employer in one of the eligible industries and occupations. They must not apply for a job located in the province of Quebec. They must meet the education and language requirements and have settlement funds as well as valid temporary status in Canada.
The province of Quebec has a special agreement on immigration with the federal government. The province of Quebec has the authority to select immigrants by issuing the Selection Certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec, CSQ). However, IRCC, as the ultimate authority, will conduct the eligibility process.
A permanent resident with an expired, lost/stolen permanent resident card can apply for a PRTD when boarding a flight to Canada.
If you speak French, you may want to consider immigrating outside of the province of Quebec. You will have the opportunity to integrate into vibrant francophone communities across Canada.
The Provincial Business / Entrepreneur Programs are managed by each province and territory to meet their labour and economic market needs. Each province has business/ entrepreneur streams and pathways for graduates and foreign nationals wishing to become permanent residents.

Explore our FAQs on moving to Canada

You can immigrate to Canada through many pathways. You can acquire Permanent Residency status by immigrating as a skilled worker (FSWP), through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), the Federal Skilled Trade Program (FSTP), or as an Investor. Not sure of what you qualify for? We can assess your profile and guide you through the process.
You can have your profile assessed for eligibility by our Regulated Immigration Consultant. Please contact us and we will ask you to fill our questionnaire for a free pre-assessment of your profile.
Yes, you can re-apply if you have not heard from the Canadian government after 12 months. Please contact us and we will assist you to re-apply or advise you of the best option.
Your chances of getting a Permanent Resident Visa depend on various factors, as you need to build a strong online profile.
Immigrating to Canada allows you to build a new life. There are costs associated with the entire immigration process ranging from eligibility assessment, educational credential assessment and language proficiency testing, payment of the Government of Canada fees and professional service fee (if applicable).
You can get a nomination by applying through the non-Express Entry application process under the Provincial Nominee Program.

Askia Immigration Consulting Services
One Airport Square, 8th Floor
Airport City, Accra-Ghana

Call us: +233 (0) 50 601 2289 / +233 (0) 24 131 8890 / +233 (0) 59 544 9054  

Email us: /



Please note that Askia Immigration Consulting Services does not authorize third parties to accept cash payments on its behalf. We only request that you make payments to Askia Immigration Services Trust bank accounts. Askia Immigration Consulting Services is a Ghanaian-owned firm and has ONLY 1 representative agent in Mali. Our staff will never ask a client to meet at a public place such as a restaurant, café, or bar. Be aware of ghost consultants and always contact us before engaging in immigration-related business.
Your communication with Askia Immigration Consulting Services is CONFIDENTIAL