Did you know?

Some international students are required to include a Provincial Attestation Letter (PAL) with their study permit application to demonstrate their acceptance by a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).

A study permit is a document that will be printed at the port of entry once you have been issued a Temporary Resident Visa. However, not everyone is required to obtain a study permit. An acceptance letter is a key document to include in your application.
You can submit an application to extend your study permit at least 30 days before it expires. You must ensure that your passport is valid, as your permit will not be extended beyond the expiry of your travel document.
Not everyone is required to obtain a study permit to study in Canada. Contact us for more information.
Some accompanying minors do not need a study permit to study in Canada. However, when they reach the age of 18 or 19, they must apply for a Study Permit to continue studying. Contact us for more information.

Explore our FAQs on Studying in Canada

Studying in Canada is an opportunity to acquire one of the world's best-quality and internationally recognized degrees. Foreign nationals pay international student fees that are a bit high but generally lower than those in countries like the United Kingdom, USA, or Australia. Fees may vary with the city or degree program of choice. For undergraduate programs, general fees typically range from CAD 35,000 to CAD 37,000 per year. Specialized programs such as Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, and Medicine command higher fees, averaging around CAD 68,000, CAD 60,000, and CAD 59,000, respectively. General graduate program fees average about CAD 21,000 per year. MBA programs are notably more expensive, with executive MBA programs averaging around CAD 77,000 and regular MBA programs approximately CAD 42,000. According to the new IRCC regulation for 2024, a single applicant must demonstrate that they have $20,635, which represents 75% of the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO), in addition to covering their first-year tuition and travel expenses. This requirement applies to all new study permit applications received on or after January 1, 2024.
You may work while studying in Canada and not need a work permit unless IRCC requires it for work related to a co-op or internship program. Contact us for more information.
Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) allows spouses and common-law partners of international students in Canada studying ONLY Masters degree/PhD and specialized programs in Medicine and Law at a designated learning institution to obtain an open work permit without the need for a confirmed job offer.
You can travel outside Canada as long as you have a valid multiple-entry visa to re-enter the country. A determination to allow you to enter will be performed by a CBSA officer at the port of entry.
If the length of the program of study is more than six months, you will be required to submit a police certificate from your country of residence and from any other country you lived in for more than six months.
You can submit a new application for a study permit visa if you have been refused by ensuring that the reasons for the refusal have been addressed. Contact us for more information.
If you have applied within the normal processing time set by IRCC, contact us to assist you with a status request.
• Provincial Attestation Letter is a document issued by certain Canadian provinces to support an application for a study permit. This attestation will serve as proof that the student has been accounted for under a provincial or territorial allocation within the national cap. • Although most undergraduate college and university students will require a PAL to apply for their study permit, there are exceptions to this rule. Students pursuing primary and secondary education, as well as those pursuing a Master's degree or PhD, do not require a PAL to apply for a study permit.

Askia Immigration Consulting Services
One Airport Square, 8th Floor
Airport City, Accra-Ghana

Call Us: +233 (0) 50 601 2289 / (0) 24 131 8890 / +233 (0) 59 544 9054

Email Us: /



Please note that Askia Immigration Consulting Services does not authorize third parties to accept cash payments on its behalf. We only request that you make payments to Askia Immigration Services Trust bank accounts. Askia Immigration Consulting Services is a Ghanaian-owned firm and has ONLY 1 representative agent in Mali. Our staff will never ask a client to meet at a public place such as a restaurant, café, or bar. Be aware of ghost consultants and always contact us before engaging in immigration-related business.
Your communication with Askia Immigration Consulting Services is CONFIDENTIAL