Under the Post Graduate Work Permit Program, students who are about to complete their programs, can apply for an open work permit. It is an LMIA exempt work permit. It is issued only once and graduates of certain designated learning institutions are eligible for this work permit. The work experience you gain while working may help you qualify for permanent residence. Contact Askia Immigration Consulting Services to know if you are eligible for a PGWP.